Hey Guys, finally had free time to upload our doggie birthday cake liver cake tutorial. Enjoy, they really loved the cake. If you have small dog I highly suggest you cut the ingredient in half we had two patches https://www.petful.com/food/liver-cake-recipe-for-dogs/
This is not my recipe, I did modify it a bit . did not use butter but here is the detail and credit to the person who did write this.
Instead, this cake is frosted with pumpkin and cream cheese. Pumpkin has several health benefits for dogs. Find a brand of canned pumpkin that doesn’t have added sugars.
- 1 tablespoon butter or shortening
- 1 lb. raw beef liver
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 4 eggs
- 1/2 cup whipped light cream cheese (optional)
- 1 cup canned pumpkin (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Grease a cake pan with butter or shortening.
- Puree the liver in a blender or food processor.
- Combine liver, flour and eggs in a large bowl. Mix thoroughly.
- Pour the mixture into the cake pan.
- Bake for 30 minutes. Allow cake to cool completely.
- Frost cake with cream cheese and/or canned pumpkin.
Makes 8 servings for small dogs and 4 for large dogs.
Warning: Even if you’re adventurous, you do not want to eat a sample. Trust me. To human noses, it smells even worse than it tastes. Yes, your house will reek for a couple of hours — but isn’t your spoiled baby worth it?
—Recipe courtesy of Marcia R.